Help your cat thrive with the power of protein-rich recipes that provide peak nourishment. As obligate carnivores, modern cats are built like their ancestors and thrive on a Biologically Appropriate diet rich in protein and fat sourced from a variety of animal ingredients. ORIJEN® Original Cat diet is made with fresh or raw¹ free-run² chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and cage-free eggs. Packed with WholePrey animal ingredients like organs and bone, ORIJEN food is made with the most nutrient-dense, succulent parts of the prey to deliver the nutrition cats need. With 90%³ quality animal ingredients and a freeze-dried liver coating, this diet is beyond comparison.
Nourish As Nature Intended®
- First 5 ingredients always fresh or raw protein including poultry and fish
- 90%* protein-rich animal sources, 10%+ fruits, vegetables, and nutrients, and no added grain ingredients, soy, corn, wheat or tapioca
- Orijen's authentic WholePrey diet features the most succulent parts of the prey like poultry or fish, organs and bone to mimic what your cat’s ancestors consumed in the wild.
- Freeze-dried coated for a burst of raw flavor your cat instinctively craves.
- Made in the USA with the world’s finest ingredients
¹Fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the sole method of preservation. Our raw ingredients are the same as our fresh, but are frozen at the peak of freshness to preserve nutrients.
²Free-run chickens and turkeys are not housed in cages and are able to move in a barn without outdoor access.
³approximate and derived from the unprocessed state of the ingredients.
+Orijen also adds vitamins, minerals, natural preservatives and probiotics.
Chicken, turkey, whole mackerel, turkey giblets (liver, heart, gizzard), flounder, chicken liver, whole herring, eggs, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated egg, chicken fat, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, whole peas, whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, natural chicken flavor, whole navy beans, pollock oil, lentil fiber, pea starch, chicken heart, choline chloride, dried kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, whole cranberry, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, collard greens, whole apples, whole pear, freeze-dried chicken, freeze-dried turkey, copper proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, dried chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, citric acid (preservative), rosemary extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Metabolizable Energy is 4120 kcal/kg (515 kcal per 250ml/8 oz cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.
ORIJEN Original Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Proﬁles for All Life Stages.
- Crude protein (min.) 40%
- Crude fat (min.) 20%
- Crude fiber (max.) 3%
- Moisture (max.) 10%
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.) 0.2%
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.) 0.2%
- Calcium (min.) 1.4%
- Phosphorus (min.) 1%
- Magnesium (max.) 0.1%
- Taurine (min.) 0.2%
- Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 3.5%
- Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.8%
- Total Microorganisms* (min) 1 Million CFU/lb
- (Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium animalis Lactobacillus casei)
- *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.